The Greater Elkhart County Stormwater Partnership is again distributing a free, two-year calendar called “Elkhart County Water Resources 2020-21” calendar uses pictures donated by local photographers, combined with information boxes, to increase awareness of our rivers, streams, lakes, and wetlands, and how to protect them.
While supplies last, copies of the calendar are available at a number of public locations, including:
• Elkhart County Administration Building (117 North Second St., Goshen)
• Elkhart County SWCD office at the 4-H Fairgrounds in Goshen
• Elkhart Environmental Center (1717 E. Lusher Ave., Elkhart)
• Elkhart Public Works & Utilities (1201 S. Nappanee St., Elkhart)
• Reith Interpretive Center (across from Shanklin Park in Goshen)
• Goshen Sewer & Water Billing Office (203 S. 5th St., Goshen)
• Elkhart County Parks Administrative Office (211 W. Lincoln Ave., Goshen)
• Elkhart County Public Services Building (4230 Elkhart Rd., Goshen)
• Bristol Town Hall (303 E. Vistula St., Bristol)
Staff from the Elkhart County Soil and Water Conservation District, Elkhart County Parks and Recreation, City of Elkhart’s Environmental Division, and City of Goshen Parks and Recreation Department all contributed to the project.
Information in the calendar includes:
• Answer to the question: what is a watershed?
• Tips for conserving water at home.
• Information about rain gardens and rain barrels.
• Information about recycling and household hazardous waste disposal.
• Information about topics such as brownfield redevelopment, water monitoring, floodplains, construction site runoff, and agricultural conservation.
• Phone numbers and web sites to pursue topics in more depth.